Ashford Financial Planning is committed to ensuring the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
The information we collect
Whenever it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we only collect information about you directly from you. The collection of information can occur when you complete a financial fact find or an application form for a product, or in response to a request for additional information.
We only collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- provide comprehensive and/or limited financial planning services to you;
- provide you with quality financial products and services;
- assist you in the completion of your applications and management of your financial investments;
- maintain your contact details;
- fulfill our legal obligations under applicable laws and rules, such as those relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing.
We generally hold personal information relating to:
- your current financial position, investment objectives and particular needs,
- the products and services we provide or have provided to you,
- your contact details.
We do not generally collect sensitive information about you unless required by applicable laws or rules. Sensitive information includes information relating to:
- political or religious beliefs,
- sexual preferences,
- criminal convictions,
- membership of professional or trade associations or unions,
- health information.
We may collect health information where you apply for certain life risk products, including life, total and permanent disability, trauma and income protection insurance. We do not use or share that information for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of your policy, claim or account, or as otherwise disclosed to you when the information was collected.
How that information is used
We only use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission.
For example, we may from time to time use your personal information to inform you of investment opportunities or to provide information about products and services which we expect may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to ask us not to do this.
We do not sell personal information to other organisations that allow them to market their products and services to you.
We may disclose personal information:
- as required by applicable laws or rules, such as those relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing;
- to service providers in, or outside of,Australiawho provide services in connection with financial products and services that you have availed of;
- to your nominated accountant, self managed superannuation fund administrator or solicitor with your permission.
Keeping information accurate and up to date
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold is accurate. You are able to contact us at any time to make a correction if you believe the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Keeping information secure
We use up to date security procedures and technology to protect the information we hold. Access to and use of personal information within Ashford Financial Planning is appropriately limited to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of the information.
If other organisations provide support services, we require them to appropriately safeguard the privacy of the information provided to them.
Where the personal information we collect is no longer required, we delete the information or permanently de-identify it.
How you can access your information
You can contact us to request access to your information. In normal circumstances we will give you full access to your information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If access is denied, we will provide you with the reason why.
Changes to this policy
We continually strive to improve the standard of the service we provide to you, so from time to time we may update this policy.
You can contact us in person, by manual or electronic mail or by phone.
Head Office Address: Level 10,10 – 16 Queen Street,MelbourneVIC 3000
Postal Address: Level 10,10 – 16 Queen Street,MelbourneVIC 3000
Phone Number: 03 8681 3600